8 Jan 2013
Last updated during 16:19 ET
Eight people have been charged in tie with business loans done by a high travel bank to a value of about £35m.
The loans originated from a Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) bend in Reading, Berkshire.
Among those charged are former comparison managers during HBOS, Lynden Scourfield, 50, and Mark Dobson, 52.
Thames Valley Police pronounced a charges follow a large-scale review into corruption, rascal and income laundering.
David Mills, 56, and Michael Bancroft, 69, of Quayside Corporate Services, a turnaround consultancy have also been charged, along with a fifth man, John Cartwright, 68.
The other defendants are 3 of a men’s wives, Jacqueline Scourfield, 50, Alison Mills, 47, and Beverley Bancroft, 64.
The charges follows an review carried out by Thames Valley Police’s Economic Crime Unit (ECU), after a box was referred to a force by a Financial Services Authority (FSA).
The purported offences originated from HBOS’s Impaired Assets group formed during a Reading branch.
Mr Scourfield and Mr Dobson were comparison managers formed during Reading and Bishopsgate, a Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said.
All 8 will seem before Reading Magistrates’ Court on 18 January.
- Lynden Scourfield, of Whitton Avenue West, Greenford, West London, is charged with one count of swindling to corrupt, 3 depends of fake trade and one count of income laundering.
- Mark Dobson, of Brayfield Terrace, London, is charged with one count of swindling to corrupt.
- David Mills, of Todenham, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, is charged with one count of swindling to corrupt, 3 depends of fake trade and one count of income laundering.
- Michael Bancroft, of Ilmington, of Ilmington, Shipston-on-Stour, Warwickshire, is charged with one count of swindling to corrupt, 3 depends of fake trade and one count of income laundering.
- John Cartwright, 68, of Knott Lane, Hyde, Cheshire, is charged with one count of fake trading.
- Jacqueline Scourfield, Alison Mills and Beverley Bancroft are any charged with one count of income laundering.
Source: Article Source