There are so many different ways in which you can become a US citizen. The problem is that people from all around the world do not actually understand the fact that it is not at all difficult to go live in America or to become a citizen. You just need to be informed and follow the processes that are necessary. In the event that you do not know much about the process and you need help, you can easily opt for the services offered by Immigration Attorney or a similar agency.
Steps To Become A Citizen Through The Green Card
If you have been holding a green card for over 5 years, the following requirements have to be met in order for you to become a US citizen:
- You need to be at least 18 years old.
- You need to have a green card for a minimum of 5 years after you filled out your application for naturalization.
- You had to have lived in America for a minimum of 3 months in a USCIS district or a state.
- After the N-400 application, you need to have lived in the US continuously for a minimum of 5 years with a green card.
- Physical presence in the country had to be of over 30 months during the five years we just mentioned.
- After the naturalization application, you need constant residence in the country.
- In order to become a US citizen, you will need to speak, write and read English. At the same time, you need to have knowledge about the US government and history.
- Your morality will also be questioned and you will only be considered to be a citizen in the event that you adhere to the constitution of the country.
On the whole, becoming a US citizen is definitely not difficult in the event that you hold a green card. However, you need to be careful and you need to respect absolutely all the rules. Obviously, this means that you must first be aware of them.
The good news is that all the information that you need at the moment is already available on the internet. You can check out the US Citizenship website and read everything about the process. It is even possible to file for an application on the internet, which is an option that many do not consider.
In most situations problems tend to appear when dealing with the test that has to be performed in order to actually become a citizen. So many immigrants consider it to be easy. You have to take the necessary time to learn everything about the history of the country and it will help out a lot in the event that you do know the language really well.
In the event that you have problems and you are lost, in the sense that you do not really know what to do, take the necessary time to find a service that can help you out. There are many sites out there that can help and companies that are specialized in aiding those that want to become US citizens..