With an especially eventful year nearly in the books, WalletHub today released its 2018 Financial Predictions, based on a survey of finance experts. Foresight helps consumers better manage their finances, and WalletHub’s predictions have earned an impressive 3.56 GPA over the past six years.
- U.S. GDP Growth Will Remain Near 2.5%
- Unemployment Will Crack 4%
- The S&P 500 Will Top 2,900 & Finish at 2,838
- The Fed Will Raise Rates Three Times, Costing Borrowers Billions
- Credit Card Debt Will Break All-Time Records, Topping $1 Trillion Owed
- Consumer Credit Scores Will Peak in 2018
- U.S. Auto Sales Will Top 17M for the Fourth Straight Year
- Existing Home Sales Will Again Top 5M, Despite Higher Rates
You can check out WalletHub’s projections for everything from GDP growth and stock market gains to credit card debt and credit scores. And that’s followed by additional commentary from an expert panel. By the way, it’s worth noting this isn’t WalletHub’s first rodeo. Over the past six years, WalletHub’s annual economic predictions have largely come true, earning an average GPA of 3.56. You can learn more about that below, too.
For the full report, including forecasts from a panel of economists, please visit: http://wallethub.com/blog/2018-financial-predictions/43349/