Small and Medium Businesses face a tough competition with bigger brands while trying to establish themselves. In the digital arena, the move can seem even tougher, but it need not be so. You can take the help of a SEO company in Gurgaon or Delhi, to stay on top of user searches. Here, we are listing the top SEO tips that SMBs (Server Message Blocks) can leverage to get more traffic in 2018.
- Keywords for Local and hyperlocal search – Keywords are becoming area-specific and with voice search becoming a major player, you need to choose keywords that are used in local areas. For example, if you run a furnishing store in Sector 56, Gurgaon, then your digital marketing agency will suggest the use of curtains in Sector 56, Gurgaon. ‘Gurgaon’ will help with local searches while ‘Sector 56’ will be a hyper local search keyword.
- Linking remains important — It should not come as a surprise to anyone that 29% of the ranking is affected by linking which includes anchor texts, number of links, the domain authority of the links, etc. It is a great idea to use Competitor research, the tool to help you discover authority pages to build backlinks.
- Local listings and NAP — As an SMB, you need to be present on all the local listings. Hire a good SEO company in Gurgaon to help list you on all relevant sites. Another job you should task them with, is to do away with the inconsistencies with your NAP — Name, Address and Phone. It should be correct, in use, and be exactly the same wherever your business is listed.
- Customer feedback — Remember one thing always, a customer or user will be more convinced to buy your products if there is a positive customer review. Ask your users to give details of their experiences to convince new and prospective clients you are worth trying. If for some reason there is a negative review, and you do not know how to handle it, seek the advice of a digital marketing agency. Note: the way you handle a negative review will also impact your reputation.
- Optimize Website content — Even if you ignored the suggestions of your web design company earlier and did not optimize the content, you cannot ignore this is 2018. Optimize it for ‘near-me’ and ‘local’ searches. A local blog is an excellent idea to talk about your products and services. Be sure to link all your posts to different social media platforms.
- Images and videos – If you are not yet making videos, it is high time you hire an in-house resource or a digital marketing agency to help create engaging videos. Images and pictures have a better recall value and provides a more effective way to get a wider audience base interested in your brand.
- Track your content performance — The aim of every business is to improve ROI, and your web design company can share tools to track traffic and conversions from different metrics. Ensure they are tracking the rankings for all content including images and pictures.
The above seven steps are just some basics that any SMB should keep in mind while planning SEO strategies in 2018. Instead of depending on individuals, it is a better idea to hire a digital marketing agency to help improve rankings and traffic for your SMB.