Two newborn babies who died in a Glasgow maternity hospital had been infected with a rare bacterium that has never been seen before in Scotland.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde announced on 31 January that the two premature babies had died at the Princess Royal Maternity Hospital.

The health board has now confirmed they had been infected with a rare strain of the staphylococcus aureus bacterium.

The strain has only been recorded in two other countries

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution