A Flesh-Eating Bacteria Destroyed This Man’s Hand After He Was Pricked By a Fishing HookMore

The latest in flesh-eating bacteria stories is a red flag for any fishermen (or women) out there. Mike Walton of Ozona, Florida was hospitalized after contracting a rare bacterial infection while on a fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico when his fishing hook pricked his hand, according to ABC Action News.

More

Maria Kharitonova / Mike Walton” />

Walton went to the hospital when his hand began to swell shortly after the incident. He received antibiotics to help treat the swelling, but a few days into taking them, he developed massive black lesions on his hand, ABC Action News reported. Walton was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, a fast-spreading bacterial infection that destroys

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution