1 / 3

Teen Dies From Eating Undercooked Pork That Caused Brain InfectionAn 18-year-old died in India after consuming undercooked pork. Experts reveal why it happened—and how to make sure it doesn’t happen to you.NotarYES/ShutterstockMore

April 2, 2019

A recent report is serving as a reminder to fully cook meat of any kind before consuming it—especially as barbecue season steadily approaches.

The New England Journal of Medicine released a report last Thursday revealing an Indian teen lost his life after he ate undercooked pork. The dish resulted in a brain infection caused by a tapeworm.

The 18-year-old headed to a Faridabad hospital complaining of a myriad of symptoms, including pain in his right groin and swelling over his right eye. Magnetic resonance imaging of the patient’s

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution