The head of Sudan‘s Transitional Military Council (TMC) has said he is scrapping all agreements with the main opposition coalition and will move ahead with elections to be held within nine months.

The announcement by Lieutenant General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan in the early hours of Tuesday came after security forces fired live fire to clear the main protest site outside the defence ministry in Khartoum, the focal point in the demonstrators’ months-long struggle for civilian rule.

Protest groups said at least 35 people were killed and hundreds wounded in the raid by the security forces, calling it a “bloody massacre“.

“The military council decides to stop negotiating with the Alliance for Freedom and Change [group represented protesters in negotiations] and cancel what had been agreed

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution