1 / 2

Child contracts flesh-eating bacteria while swimming in Maryland bayA concerned mother took to Facebook to warn others after her son contracted anoften-fatal bacterial infection while swimming in a Maryland bay

A concerned mother took to Facebook to warn others after her son contracted an often-fatal bacterial infection while swimming in a Maryland bay.

“I thought long and hard about sharing this, but a friend of mine said it would be a great PSA for everyone to see,” Brittany Carey wrote on June 29 in a now viral post.

Carey’s saga began when her young son went swimming off the coast of Ocean City last Sunday during a beach outing with his grandparents. The boy fell sick the next evening, developing “little spots” all over his body, according to

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution