A Tennessee man died last week after contracting Vibrio vulnificus, a flesh-eating bacteria, while swimming in Florida, his daughter wrote on Facebook

On Wednesday, Cheryl Bennett Wiygul wrote a lengthy post detailing the moments leading up to her father’s passing three days before. 

“This is so raw and personal to me that I did not want to post about it, but if I can help one person, then it is worth it,” she wrote. “There is not enough education out there about the bacteria in the water. There needs to be signs posted at every beach, every city and state park, and every bayou stating that ‘due to naturally occurring bacteria in the water people with open wounds or compromised immune systems should not enter’.”

According to Wiygul,

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution