A routine outing in the wilderness nearly spelled doom for .

The survivalist had to be saved by medics after a bee sting triggered an intense allergic reaction.

Grylls, who is allergic to bee stings, was stung and quickly went into anaphylactic shock while filming his new series “Treasure Island,” but not before attempting to carry on with the taping.

When medics realized Grylls, 45, was experiencing an adverse reaction to the sting, they immediately ran over to the “Man vs. Wild” star and injected him with an EpiPen.

Speaking to the , show contestant and brain surgeon Mano Shanmuganathan called the incident “bizarre” and said he was shocked to see Grylls in the state he was in.

“The irony of Bear the survivalist

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution