A toddler has been reunited with medical staff who saved her life after she choked on a piece of chicken.

Charlotte Smith, two, was taken ill during lunch while at nursery in Hitchin, Hertfordshire on 25 July.

A doctor on board the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance managed to put a tube down her throat, clear the blockage and allow her to breathe.

Her father Richard Smith said: “The air ambulance saved her life. We wanted to give them a big thank you.”

Mr Smith said nursery staff performed CPR at the scene.

By the time he and her mother arrived, Charlotte was on her way by land ambulance to meet the air ambulance in Pinehill Park.

She was treated there by on-board doctor Asher Lewinsohn and critical care paramedic,

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution