Negotiations between the US and the Taliban had been ongoing for almost a year in Doha [Sorin Furcoi/Al Jazeera]

The Taliban has condemned US President Donald Trump’s decision to suspend the ongoing talks with the group to end the 18-year war in Afghanistan as an “anti-peace” move. 

“Now that US President Trump has announced the suspension of negotiations… this would not harm anyone else but the Americans themselves,” the Taliban said in a statement on Sunday.

In a series of tweets on Saturday, Trump said he was calling off a secret meeting scheduled for Sunday with Taliban representatives and Afghan President Ashraf Ghani at Camp David in Maryland, US.

Citing a Taliban attack in Kabul last week in which 12 people, including an American soldier, were

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution