A student rushed to hospital after being found collapsed by his father has warned about the dangers of bacterial meningitis.

Mathew Griffin, of Stourport-on-Severn, had assumed he had flu or food poisoning after feeling “shivery” and vomiting but became seriously ill.

He woke up in hospital four days later and had missed his 21st birthday.

He said he wanted to make others, especially young people, aware of how serious meningitis can be.

“I thought I’m young, I’m healthy, I’m fit, I’d never have anything like that,” he said.

“I would say to people, just make yourself aware of symptoms.”

A film and screen-writing student at Worcester University, he began to feel unwell during a shift at his pub job.

He finished early after finding the lights in the kitchen were

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution