Rankings for hardcover books sold in Southern California, as reported by selected bookstores:
1. “A Warning,” by Anonymous (Twelve: $30) A behind-the-scenes exposé of the Trump administration.
2. “Talking to Strangers,” by Malcolm Gladwell (Little, Brown: $30) Examples of miscommunication explain potential conflicts and misunderstandings.
3. “Acid for the Children,” by Flea (Grand Central: $30) The bassist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers tells his origin story, from L.A. streets to rock star.
4. “The Body,” by Bill Bryson (Doubleday: $30) A guide through the human body.
5. “Catch and Kill,” by Ronan Farrow (Little, Brown: $30) The Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter shares his account of how a network of powerful men conspired to silence women.
6. “The Cartiers,”