Vietnam travelers usually think of the most traveled and touristic sites and in the country. And Hanoi and Saigon are undoubtedly the most popular tourist attractions that are listed in every itinerary. However, there is a lot more to Vietnam than those typical tourist attractions and cacophony of cities. All you need to do is look for some off-beat attractions that Vietnam boasts of and travel around for a few days to soak in a new and tranquil experience.
Da Nang, Hue, Hoi An, and some more spots are well known for their unique characters and charming attractions. As for transport, you need not worry as some of the most leading service providers take care of travel from Da Nang to Hoi An or Hue to Da Nang. All you need to do is log on to their website and make bookings well in advance and explore those non-touristy places in Vietnam. As you travel from Da Nang to Hoi An and then Hue, you can see those hundreds of years of history and civilization unfold right in front of your eyes. Wherever you go, there is a chapter of the history of Vietnam in every street and corner.
Here are some offbeat locations in Vietnam.
- Ha Giang – Located in the Northwest Highlands, Ha Giang is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Vietnam. As you make your way on the roads between mountains, you come across some of the most breathtaking views.
- Da Nang- Da Nang is well known for its French colonial buildings and centuries-old pagodas. Located along the west-coasts, the area is well noted for its lush mountains, verdant national parks, and glorious beaches with clear blue waters.
- Ba Be Lake – Placed in Bac Kan province, Ba Be Lake is a freshwater lake right in the middle of the Ba Be National Park brings. Tourists come here to enjoy activities like kayaking, boating, and climbing through tropical jungles.
- Huế- The ancient town was a former imperial capital and is dotted with temples and tombs. Create a social holiday here as you explore the ancient town placed by a river and with plenty of mustard-yellow merchants’ houses. Explore the area on a cycle tour to create some unique memories.
- Ban Gioc waterfall- Another off-beat location of Vietnam is the Ban Gioc Waterfall. Here you get to see some rare sights of the landscape dominated by limestone hills and caves. Tiger cave is a marvelous cave of Vietnam with lots of stalagmites and stalactites.
- Bai Tu Long – Get away from the regular tourist trail and head for Bai Tu Long, which is located along the North East of Halong Bay. As you explore the area, you come across the same fantastic limestone karsts and forest reserves.
- Kon Tum- The Kon Tum province borders with Cambodia and Laos, and the area makes for a special kind of tourism associated with the wild nature. There are several beautiful sights along the exciting journey because of the Po Ko river having green banks.
- Cai Be Jetty- Go to Cai Be Jetty to take a Sampan ride and explore the local life along the riverbanks. Sampan is a traditional Chinese boat that offers you a unique experience as you visit the houses across the bank and discover peace and calm.
- Vespa City – Get more adventurous and go to Vespa City, a classy vintage place. Check out Saigon’s representation of China in Chinatown and visit some amazing monuments and temples and Cathedrals established by French colonists. Surely one of best things to do while in Saigon.
- Cu Chi tunnels. – The Cu Chi tunnel network was used to hide during the Vietnam War and American wars. Explore the tunnels with hidden doors, dark branches, and meandering tunnels for an unforgettable experience.