At least 20 people have been killed in clashes with security forces since the mass protests begun in October last year [File: Saliou Samb/Reuters]

Guinea’s government said it will respond strongly to any violence at an opposition rally scheduled for Monday, accusing the organisers of wanting to plunge the country into “disorder”.

The West African nation has been hit by rolling anti-government demonstrations since mid-October over constitutional reform amid opposition fears that President Alpha Conde will seek to extend his constitutional mandate.

More:

“State powers will be exercised in all their rigour against those who seek to upset public order and to deny other Guineans the free exercise of their fundamental rights,” the government said in a statement on Sunday.

Opposition groups have

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution