Last month, the Taliban rejected a government call for a ceasefire across Afghanistan for Ramadan [Sorin Forcui/Al Jazeera]

The Afghan Taliban has announced a three-day Eid ceasefire starting on Sunday, a spokesman for the armed group said in a statement, in a move following months of bloody fighting with security forces.

The Taliban statement also instructed its fighters to refrain from entering government areas and also said that Kabul forces were not allowed to enter territories under their control.

More:

“The leadership instructs all the mujahideen of the Islamic Emirate to take special measures for security for the countrymen, and conduct no offensive operation against the enemy anywhere,” Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said in a statement.

Following the Taliban announcement, Afghan President Ashraf

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution