“‘I would say 70% of the time being president is a hoot.’ ”
Former President Barack Obama, speaking with trailblazing public-radio host Ira Glass during a LinkedIn event focused on finding purpose at work, says he loved being president about 70% of the time. The other 30% he didn’t enjoy quite so much. “This, I think, is a pretty honest assessment — I would say 70% of the time being president is a hoot. I loved the job,” Obama said during the Thursday-night event, which was streamed live and can be replayed on the Microsoft-owned
The LinkedIn discussion was centered on the former president’s new Netflix
docuseries “Working: What We Do All Day,” which “explores the meaning of work for modern Americans in a time of rapid change.” Related: Do happier workers lead to better investment returns? Obama said that the best thing about the commander-in-chief job was the variety. “You have a bunch of difficult problems, but you’re not locked into any kind of monotony,” he said. He listed jobs he held before being elected a U.S. senator and then, soon thereafter, to the highest office in the land: waiting tables, working behind the counter at Baskin-Robbins, painting and construction, and the law.
“‘If you’re just doing the same thing over and over again, particularly if you’re sitting or standing in one spot, that’s not really how humans are built.’”
“One of the things that I think is tough oftentimes in modern work is monotony, right?” he continued. “If you’re just doing the same thing over and over again, particularly if you’re sitting or standing in one spot, that’s not really how humans are built. And the nice thing about being president was that every day is different, and every hour within the day was different.”
Article Attribution | Read More at Article Source
…nnDiscussion:nn” ai_name=”RocketNews AI: ” start_sentence=”Can I tell you more about this article?” text_input_placeholder=”Type ‘Yes'”]