When being an international student, you should think of how to write your thesis in English as a second language in a way that your professor likes. Here you may learn how you can improve your compositional skills and finish this task brilliantly.
The writing process in English is quite different from the composition of a scientific paper in your native language. Thus, you will have to cope with some problems and obstacles. To help you out, we have prepared several useful strategies to make the writing process easy and boost your composition skills enormously. Following these tips, you will be able to submit a winning thesis to the committee. Also you can find some help at scooby do essay.
These Strategies Will Save You
Before starting to handle your writing assignment, take some time to get acquainted with several methods that will help you much.
- Preparations before composing a thesis are great for ESL learners. The first problem that arises when your start writing a work in English is scarce vocabulary. If you have enough time before submitting a paper, learn new words and expressions, read many books, and watch lots of videos. If you are short of time, then make a list of most necessary words in the sphere and learn them. It will save you some time and enrich your vocabulary.
- Always make a rough draft. It will help you to organize ideas properly and see the entire picture of research. Don’t try to make your draft perfect at the first attempt; improve its language use and structure gradually.
- Revision is an important part of thesis writing. Check your paper both by yourself and with the help of a professor, or someone else who knows English at an advanced level. Not only grammatical mistakes and misspelled words, but also some deficiencies of the context appear in works of non-native speakers. Compose a checklist and stick to it while proofreading your thesis.
- Use word processing programs helping to detect spelling errors and try using as much software and applications helping to eliminate mistakes as possible.
These four main strategies are great helpers when using them together; they will ensure your quick improvement of writing speed and quality.
Four Prompts Improving Your Writing Skills
We have analyzed the most frequent mistakes made by students whose native language isn’t English and found solutions to them. You may call it “my saviors.” Four knights of grammar, spelling, and coherence of the text are waiting for you below:
- In English, each word can have diverse meanings even if it doesn’t change its form. This is the most puzzling and confusing thing for learners. Make sure that you know at least several various notions of a word, and only then use it to your text. For example, one of the meanings of the word “call” is “to name something.” However, it can be also used in the meaning “to phone somebody.”
- Avoid using too many apostrophes in your written English. Sometimes it doesn’t make any sense to put one in a phrase, or even makes it difficult to understand the real meaning of an utterance.
- Be careful with articles, as it is most common pitfall exposing your foreign origin. Pay attention to the/a/zero articles when reading books and journals to learn more about their natural use by native speakers.
- Prepositions are also worth paying attention to. Learn verbs together with relevant prepositions; this will add a natural fleur to your manner of expression as well.
You may think that there is too little to be afraid of, but making the same errors related to these four points again and again will always expose you as an ESL student. Work on your mistakes, and soon you will be able to sound like a native speaker.