Finding the right kind of Ketogenic protein powder can be a difficult endeavor. Protein supplements are a major requirement for athletes and bodybuilders. They use it as a dietary supplement in their daily routine. As their muscles are always under stress, their body needs higher levels of proteins to build muscle tissues quickly and efficiently.
When protein supplements are consumed alongside daily exercise, the muscles recover faster with an increase in muscle mass. This article shall discuss how to choose high-quality protein supplements that are beneficial to health.
Whey protein is a fast digesting, high-quality powder. It contains all the nine essential amino acids. This is also low in lactose and rich in Leucine which promotes muscle growth and aids muscle recovery.
There are two main ways to process whey protein as discussed below.
- Heating and Drying: After the milk is heated and dried, the protein is extracted. Even though it is affordable, the damage on amino acid is quite high.
- Cold processing: In this method, milk is filtered and dried in order to create the powder. As there is no harm to the amino acids, this is the more preferable of the two whey protein processing methods.
Since this protein is absorbed into the bloodstream very quickly, it needs to be taken only after an intense workout. And always remember to take it with fat or a something that contains fat.
Beef protein is a type of protein that is obtained from beef. Research studies show that this type of protein helps in fat loss and increases lean muscle mass.
Beef protein can be a substitute for those people who are sensitive to dairy or egg products. However, always ensure the beef protein come from grass-fed products.
Egg White Protein
To those people who are allergic to dairy products or the lactose intolerant kind, Egg White Protein can be a good alternative. This can also be used instead of whey. Since it’s natural and available in higher quantities, anyone can use it without worrying that it’s an artificial product.
It’s not the best choice as it is fat-free. But then if you are choosing it, insist on the one that comes from whole eggs which are replete with fat.
Vegan Keto Proteins
For vegans, there are many Vegan Keto-friendly protein powders
These are low or zero in carbs, sugar-free and contain lots of omega 3. These proteins come in other forms depending on where they are obtained. The following examples are:
- Seed proteins from hemp, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, flax seeds, chia seeds and sesame seeds,
- Legume and grain proteins from peas, brown rice, millet, quinoa, buckwheat, and garbanzo and
- Alfalfa protein and Goji protein
The following are also a few examples of Vegan Keto-Protein Powders;
- Vegan One All-in-One Nutritional Shake: It provides 20g of proteins per serving as it contains flax seeds, pea protein, hemp and others.
- Sunwarrior Raw Plant-Based Protein: This contains 16 grams per serving.
- MRM Veggie Elite: It is a blend of pea protein and brown rice proteins. It contains 24 grams of proteins.
However, as is the case with all the other protein types, it is important to check up professional websites in order to find out what everyone is talking about before choosing your preferred vegan keto-protein powder.
Collagen is found abundantly in your body (i.e., 25%-35% of the total protein content). It’s a non-inflammatory protein that helps in building muscles, digestion, detoxification and energy production. It not only helps in lean muscle mass but helps in nourishing and building skin, joints as well as nails and hair.
Using Collagen peptides is beneficial as it influences several parts of the body at once. It is best to choose grass-fed options.
As a general rule, always remember to consume proteins in moderation. Overdoing the intake is not an option if you’re keen on ensuring weight loss or lean muscle mass. Also, taking protein supplements that contain 9 essential amino acids is advised. With high-quality proteins, maintaining your overall body health and immunity should come naturally.